Sunset Hill Stable
Arising Stars Gymnastics offers horseback riding lessons through the Sunset Hill Stable. Four types of Lessons are offered, horse interaction, western riding, trail riding and smart horse.
Horse interaction (30 minutes
Students from age 5 develop skills through interaction with the horse. Students learn grooming, leading, feeding and communication skills leading up to riding. Students will ride with instructor assistance. Designed for first time and beginner students.
Western Riding (45 minutes)
Students from age 7 will learn necessary skills for care and riding a horse, grooming, saddling, leading, riding cues for walk, trot, stop, turn, set-up, back, lope, and pivot in the riding arena.
Trail Riding (45 minutes lesson)
Upon mastery of western riding skills, students will learn advanced skill cues for riding in open trails and obstacles in the riding arena. Trail riding lessons require a minimum of 10 western lessons, basic skill mastery or instructors permission.
Life at the OK Corral: A hour group lesson interacting with horses. Students will groom, lead, saddle and ride with instructor's assistance. This 4 week course is offered during the summer months of June & July. Class limited to 5 students.
Lesson requirements and Policies:
• Cancellations: 24 hour notice is required to cancel a lesson or the lesson will be charged.
• Inclement Weather: If the temperature is below 55° or above 95° classes will be canceled.
• Rain out: When it has rained within 24 hr. of the lesson, call the instructor to confirm.
• Make-up: Canceled classes must be re-schedule within 2 weeks of canceled class. or lesson will be forfeited. Day and time will vary.
Proper riding apparel:
• Riders need to wear proper riding boots or a shoe with a heel, pants (no wind or athletic pants) and a riding helmet (if needed the stable will provide).
• Once a package of lessons is purchased, no refunds will be given. We suggest purchasing single lessons before committing to a package.
Lesson Days and Times:
May, September and October: MWTH 4:15-7:30
June, July, August: MTWTH 8:00-12:30 & 4:30-8:30
• Pasture $125 per month May - September , $135 per month October - April
• 10' x 12' or 12' X 12' stalls with turnout- cal or email for quote price.
Overnight boarding also available.
Call to make arrangements:
Phone: (816) 232-7502 / (816) 271-3393